For more information on these committees or to discuss your interest in volunteering with our chapter, please contact our Volunteer Chair, Meredith Inniger
Academic Relations Committee
The Academic Relations Committee identifies and develops opportunities for the Chapter to improve its relations with students, faculty and educational programs. Specific functions include: promoting student and faculty membership and active participation in the Chapter and ACHE; developing and maintaining relationships with schools in ACHE’s Higher Education Network; coordinating visits to student programs to promote the profession; and identifying potential guest speakers for visits to student programs.
Additionally, the Academic Relations Committee is responsible for disbursing financial awards from the I. Donald Snook Education Fund on an annual basis. These awards support students in healthcare-related programs across the Philadelphia region.
Career Development Committee
The Career Development Committee supports professional growth and career advancement for our membership through several programs and services:
- Mentorship Program – Facilitates and provides guidance to anyone interested in becoming a mentor or mentee.
- ACHE Advancement Study Group – Coordinates a free, structured learning engagement to help any interested member prepare for the ACHE advancement exam.
- Community Service Projects – Through a variety of volunteer events and programs, HLNDV members strengthen the bonds we share as healthcare professionals with those we serve.
- Job Bulletin – An online listing of job opportunities within our region.
- Awards – Coordinates the awards process for the two annual Regents’ Awards for Early Career and Senior-level healthcare executives. Also coordinates the awards process for the annual Administrative Achievement Award for mid-careerists.
- Early Careerist SIG – This group provides educational programs, and networking and mentoring opportunities for members under age 40.
The Communications Committee is responsible for all activities related to the Chapter’s public relations and social media outreach including: the Chapter HLNDV_Newsletter_6-17_FINAL; website development and maintenance; recommendations about social media; coordination of photography at all events; and press release creation and submission.
Corporate Sponsorship Committee
The Corporate Sponsorship Committee develops and maintains relationships with organizations to obtain their financial support and to enhance the visibility of their brand within HLNDV. The Committee does this through: reviewing/revising sponsorship level benefit descriptions (e.g., Gold, Silver, Bronze) on an annual basis; communicating with identified potential corporate sponsors; securing new corporate sponsors; ensuring benefits of existing corporate sponsors (e.g., website logo, complimentary passes to events, newsletter articles, marketing opportunities at events); maintaining relationships with existing corporate sponsors; renewing corporate sponsorship agreements; and maintaining information found on the sponsorship page of the HLNDV website.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee advocates for underrepresented groups in health leadership and patient care. Our goal is to support diversity of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability. An inclusive environment will enhance the quality of healthcare by:
- leveraging diversity as a catalyst for improved decision making, increased productivity, and competitive advantage.
- fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions and supports the advancement of all and improving the quality of an organization’s workforce.
- improving hospital/community relations, and positively affect the health status of patients and communities
The Diversity & Inclusion committee will support HLNDV initiatives to promote equity in the work place and in patient care.
Events & Education Committee
The Events & Education Committee offers healthcare management professionals a variety of high-quality and timely educational, networking and other programming events throughout the year.
Member Services Committee
The Member Services Committee is responsible for all activities related to understanding the needs of HLNDV members. Responsibilities include: creating and maintaining a new member outreach program; coordinating outreach to all subsections of members in conjunction with other committees; and creating, conducting and analyzing the annual membership survey for presentation to the board.
Our Committee Chairs are continually seeking the ideas and energy of members who are interested in making a contribution to our organization. Participating on a committee is a rewarding way to share your skills and knowledge in support of HLNDV, and build upon the generous time and effort given by our past leaders and committee volunteers. At the same time, the diverse range of activities and programs we deliver throughout the year provides unique exposure to new experiences, learning opportunities, as well as our broader membership.
If you are interested in joining a Committee, please contact a Board member