Community Service – #HLNDVCares for Cancer Patients Project
– A family-friendly virtual project preparing notes for cancer patients at a local medical center (MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper – Camden, NJ). Our goal is 1,000 notes. If we surpass our goal, we’ll look to another center to support.
– We are requesting hand-written notes of Hope, Courage, Strength for patients during their treatment. Phrases such as “Keep fighting” / “You can beat this” / “Hope is stronger than fear”. Please allow the children to use their imagination when preparing cards. (They may have a story to tell – “My Grammy beat cancer, you can too!”) Feel free to decorate with stickers, drawings, etc.
– If signing card – first name only. Please don’t use HLNDV or ACHE (too confusing) in your signature. We’ll make sure recipients know cards are from our members and families.
– Cards may be on large index notes, blank cards, etc. Please no “Get Well” or “Religious” cards.
– Cards may be mailed to M Fansler, 60 Barren Road, Media, PA 19063 or dropped off with Tammy Huster, AVP Nursing at Cooper Health. We will collect cards through April 30, 2021.
– We welcome you to share pictures of your cards on Social Media with the tag #HLNDVCares.
Greetings HLNDV Members!
We are now well into the New Year of 2021 and continue to move forward with our Mentorship matches. Anyone interested in being a Mentor or a Mentee (or both!) can apply via the link on our website under the Career section. We are ready and eager to put our members together to help each other achieve new goals, work on new skills, and make new friends. Stay safe out there!
Interested in supporting the delivery of a local Board of Governors Exam Prep Course? Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) Needed!
HLNDV Career Development Committee’s Fellow Advancement Subcommittee is recruiting subject matter experts to facilitate learning sessions for those preparing for the Board Of Governor’s (BOG) exam as part of HLNDV’s BOG exam prep course in Spring/Summer 2021. If you have expertise, knowledge and/or professional experience in any of the following exam core knowledge areas, we could use your help.
Human Resources Quality & Performance Management
Business Professionalism and Ethics
Laws and Regulations Management and Leadership
Governance and Organizational Structure
Healthcare Technology and Information Management
Click here for more details on the core knowledge areas.
SMEs should meet the following requirements:
Be a current ACHE Fellow
Have an outstanding expertise in one of the core knowledge areas
Have excellent verbal communication skills
Be familiar with Industry Standards and Best Practices
Penn’s MEHP Online Education offers noncredit courses for health professionals like you. Courses are 4 weeks long with specified start and end dates. All content is available online, allowing you to work at a flexible pace within a weekly structure. Plan to spend 6-8 hours per week on coursework that includes reviewing brief lecture videos and readings, discussions with other professionals, and valuable exercises you can apply immediately to your work. Take 4 courses for a Professional Development Certificate in Health Care Innovation.
By completing 4 courses in 1 year, you can earn a Professional Development Certificate from Penn’s Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy. Choose which online health care innovation courses will help you to manage change and inform transformation. Your expanded knowledgebase, sharper skillset, and broader perspective will prepare you to manage and thrive in the unpredictable future of health care. Click here for details.
Learn online through engaging activities designed to share expertise in brief segments. Whether you are a clinician in need of continuing education credits or an individual seeking ethics training. Courses typically include brief lecture videos, readings, supplementary resources, and assessments. Physicians and physician assistants may earn CME credits, and nurses may earn contact hours by successfully completing these courses.
Learn at your convenience online, including on mobile devices.