**ACHE has just awarded HLNDV the “Chapter Accomplishment in Diversity Award**
Healthcare Leadership Network of Delaware Valley
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
The Healthcare Leadership Network of Delaware Valley (HLNDV) embraces diversity within the healthcare management field and recognizes that priority as both an ethical and business imperative. HLNDV values diversity and initiatives that promote diversity because they can improve the quality of the organization’s workforce. HLNDV also values and actively promotes diversity in its leaders and members because diverse participation can serve as a catalyst for improved decision making, increased productivity, and a competitive advantage.
Further, HLNDV works to foster an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions and supports the advancement of all, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability because an inclusive environment can enhance the quality of healthcare, improve hospital/community relations, and positively affect the health status of society. This priority is reflected in the chapters various activities and initiatives.
HLNDV is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion through the following activities:
Within the Chapter organization:
– Diversity Committee with 2 Board Members responsible for diversity
– Add Diversity as an agenda item to every board meeting and various chapter committees
– The Chapter Committee on Diversity and Inclusion is charged with conducting a self-assessment of the chapter’s diversity and inclusion practices and proposing new practices and programs
– The Chapter Nominating Committee is charged with assuring that the chapter board of directors is broadly representative of the chapter membership and with maintaining a diverse and inclusive chapter leadership
– Update Strategic Plan/Operations Manual to include value statements or specific Diversity Initiatives
– Partner with leader in Diversity in the health field as a committee advisor.
Within the healthcare management field:
– Conduct at least one initial chapter educational event offering face-to-face ACHE continuing education credits on the topic of diversity and inclusion and plan for annual education to be incorporated into HLNDV programming
– Publish at least one chapter newsletter article on diversity and inclusion each year
– Develop and maintain a caucus organization within the chapter in collaboration with local organizations committed to promoting Diversity in the health field.
– Continue a collaboration with the National Association of Health Service Executives
– Participate in local and national programs to develop best practices in region for diversity and create repository
ACHE Commitment to Diversity
ACHE Diversity Resources
ACHE Diversity Tool_sm
ACHE Statement on Diversity
AOne Guiding Priniciples on Diversity
Diversity in the Hospital C-suite
Healthcare Diversity – a National Survey
HLNDV Statement on Diversity and Inclusion